Friday, October 3, 2014


Moving away to Sitka for my sophomore year has changed a lot of things. I’ve spent my whole life living in Juneau, growing up with the same kids, playing sports, and being social.  I moved to Sitka, Alaska last year and experienced many new things. It’s a weird feeling of not belonging that made me uncomfortable at first but also gave me a sense of a new beginning. The kids at Sitka High School knew nothing about me, not my background, not my ethnicity, not even my name. Once I got settled in there I got to know everyone fairly quickly and gained many friendships and experiences. One of the downfalls of spending my sophomore year at Sitka High would be the constant wonder on how I would’ve been as a person if I stayed at JDHS, whether it would be good or bad-I’ll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment